Hi, I’m Eden, a fellow curly learning how caring for my hair has built so much confidence.
I didn’t have an easy start. At school, I felt my wild and unpredictable curls didn’t quite “fit in” – too frizzy one day and pom-pom the next. Even as a low-maintenance un-girly girl, I did want some predictability when it came to my curls.
So, I embraced my subtle curls and learnt about my hair type and how to style it.
I learned “refreshing” is key for all curlies because:
- It reduces the crazy hair days, bad hair mornings and brings some control and predictability into my hair
- It makes my curls last longer between full-wash days
- It maintains my clumps (recipe for great curls)
Seeing my confidence grow in my hair (pun intended!), I can honestly say I have felt more in control and happier. I want you to have the same feeling.
Everyone’s routine will look different but here’s mine to get you started:
- Hands wet, start at the roots of a curl clump.
- With hands flat together in prayer position, sandwich your curls, gently pulling downwards to tips. *
- Then, scrunch hair back to the roots at 90 degrees.
- Pulse fingertips at your roots boosting any curls that got pulled downwards in the step before.
- Leave it to dry as you get ready for the day or night. Or, if you’re a lover of volume, diffusing is a must.
*If it is just one clump of hair you want to re-adjust, wet your hands and grab that clump and gently pull it like a rope. Then, fix any loose frizz back into the curl clump.
Good luck curly friends, I know you can build confidence with your curls. It’s right at your fingertips!